Monday, January 9th, 2017
The new year has arrived, and with it, many of our teams have begun playing indoor soccer. But even as our teams, coaches and players move forward on their winter seasons, we thought it was important to share with everyone associated with the club the many achievements our teams enjoyed during the Fall 2016 travel season—one of the best that Springfield Soccer Club has ever had.
Here are a few highlights:
– Overall, our 27 teams finished with a combined record of 123 wins, 116 losses and 29 draws.
– Sixteen of our 27 teams finished with a .500 record or better.
– We saw five of our teams win division championships: the U9 boys Warriors (Division 4); the U9 girls Spirit (Division 3); the U10 boys Rangers (Division 3); U11 girls Shockwaves (Division 2); and the U15 boys Blackhorsemen (Division 3)
– Three of those division champs—the Rangers, Shockwaves and Blackhorsemen—finished league play undefeated.
– Four of our teams finished as runner-ups in their division: the U9 boys Storm (Division 4); the U11 boys Fever (Elite Division); U11 boys United (Division 3); and the U13 boys Revolution (Division 2).
– We also saw numerous teams win or finish as runners-up in tournaments throughout the region, ran a successful intramural program last spring, and continued our efforts to grow the game of soccer here in Springfield.
Thanks to our players, coaches, parents, friends and sponsors for all of your hard work and dedication over the past few months. Here’s to a great Fall 2016 season, and continued success for SSC going forward.